Start exploring the Australian gold rushes like an ancient explorer with this fun and engaging educational resource!
Let’s Record the Kiandra Chinese Camp is an integrated unit, which aims to help children identify individuals, events and aspects of Kiandra that have significance in the present. Kiandra is a historic and abandoned gold mining town situated in the Snowy River, NSW, Australia.
Following the Australian Curriculum, this resource is best suited for Years 3 and 4. It includes information and activities that link to Mathematics, English and HaSS. It also introduces children to archaeological methods and techniques.
The 30-page unit includes:
- A brief introduction to the history and archaeology of the place;
- A practice exercise for perimeter;
- An archaeological plan reading exercise;
- An artefact drawing activity;
- A counting puzzle;
- A field diary example with comprehension exercises;
- The PDF includes links to additional resources and references, including historical photographs; and,
- The answer sheet.
The resource is a downloadable PDF file (8.7MB). If you would like a compressed PDF file, please contact us prior to purchasing the resource.
Once you have placed your order, there will be a short delay in receiving the file, as your order will be processed manually. If you have any questions regarding our products or services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.